The British Gas Energy Support Fund
You need to be a British Gas customer to apply for this fund.
The British Gas Energy Support Fund has been set up in response to the increasing cost of living and rising inflation. Through this fund, thousands of eligible British Gas customers, facing fuel poverty, with energy debt of £250 - £1000 will be able to apply for a maximum energy grant of £750.
To be considered for a grant you must meet the following criteria –
- You live in England, Scotland or Wales;
- You must be seeking a grant to clear an outstanding debt on a current or open gas, electricity or dual fuel energy account in your name or be a member of that household, the energy account must relate to your main residence;
- You have electric and/or gas debt between £250 - £1000;
- You do not have savings above £1,000; and
- You must be in or facing Fuel Poverty
In order to support your application, we will need the following:
- Proof of all household income; and
- A meter read for your gas and/or electricity account.
Please ensure you have these ready to upload when completing your application. We will not be able to progress your application without this information.